What is an Oophorectomy?
- Open surgery through one large incision
- Traditional laparoscopic surgery through 3-4 small incisions
Oophorectomy with Low Impact Laparoscopy
Different than traditional laparoscopy, with Low Impact Laparoscopy, your physician gently inflates your abdomen using less pressure and operates with much smaller instruments through ultra-small openings.
LOW IMPACT INCISIONS
- Gently inflates your abdomen to create the space needed to perform your procedure
- Up to 4x smaller than standard laparoscopy1
- Reduces appearance of scars associated with conventional incisions
What to Expect During Low Impact Oophorectomy Procedure
During a typical Low Impact procedure, your physician will make a standard incision in or near your belly button and 2-3 ultra-small incisions to remove your ovary. The procedure usually takes approximately 30-60 minutes. With Low Impact Laparoscopy, your physician may recommend your procedure be scheduled on an outpatient basis.